Cavities can be painful as well as inconvenient. Fortunately, there are many things you can do to avoid cavities in the coming year. Below, we’ve outlined several ways you can avoid cavities and protect your oral health.
1. Maintain Good Oral Hygiene at Home
Maintaining good oral hygiene at home goes a long way toward avoiding tooth decay and cavities. Here’s what you should be doing at home to help keep your teeth clean and reduce the bacteria in your mouth.
- Brush twice daily. Brush in the morning and at night before bed. To be sure you’re brushing properly, have your dentist give you tooth brushing tips at your next dental appointment.
- Floss. Flossing helps keep food particles out of your gums and the spaces between your teeth. Floss once per day.
- Change your toothbrush every 3 months. Toothbrushes wear out. Changing your toothbrush every 3 months helps ensure that your toothbrush is capable of doing the job.
2. See the Dentist Every Six Months
See your dentist in North Little Rock, AR every six months, or more often if directed by your dentist. Seeing your dentist twice annually helps keep your teeth clean and catches problems like cavities in their early stages.
3. Know the Signs, Get Help When Needed
Know the signs that you’re in need of dental care. Make an appointment to see the dentist if you’re experiencing pain, extra sensitivity in your teeth, unexplained bad breath, or if you’ve noticed a spot on your tooth that won’t go away.
At Mounts Dental Care, we offer digital cavity detection to those who need it. Do you think you have a cavity? Get help. Call today to make an appointment.