Almost half of people need to get braces to help improve the functioning of their teeth and jaw, so if you’re concerned that you may need braces, there’s a good chance that you do. Your dentist in North Little Rock, AR, can help you determine if you could benefit from braces. It’s natural to have questions about braces and how they work, especially if you think that you may need some. Here’s what to know.
What Do Braces Do?
Braces are dental teeth that attach to the teeth and pull them into alignment. Braces are made up of metal brackets connected by wires. Tightening the wires pulls the teeth in whatever direction is needed to help correct tooth misalignment. Braces are necessary for people with poorly aligned or misaligned teeth and those with jaw misalignment problems.
Signs You Need Braces
If you need braces, you may notice one or more of the following problems:
- Teeth don’t meet when your mouth is closed
- Teeth meet in a way that is abnormal
- Your teeth are crowded due to having extra teeth, or your teeth have gaps
- You have an overbite or an underbite
- Your jaw joint hurts easily or gets tired when chewing
- You have a difficult time chewing
- You frequently bite your tongue or the inside of your mouth
- You hear a clicking noise in your head when you chew or move your mouth
You may have one or more of these problems at once if you need braces.
Think You Need Braces? Contact Your Dentist
At Mounts Dental Care, we can help you decide whether you need braces in North Little Rock, AR. Call today to make an appointment to discuss your needs and determine what works for you.